Skip to main content

Pictures of my future Sonex!

People are shocking me with their generosity. When I outlined my fundraiser plan, allotted 2-3 months of online fundraising, but thanks to so many wonderful donors I speculate I will have enough money to make an offer by the end of November. I just received several pictures of the kit I am looking to buy. It has about 300 hours of the previous builder's work, nearly all in angle pieces, which at just about done.
The previous owner bought it several years ago but lost interest. I am so excited to begin work, and I cant stop looking at these pictures! Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me get this far, and thank you if you are considering donating. I greatly appreciate it.










(building)

Popular posts from this blog

Plane Painted

When I flew my plane to OSH23, I saw an artist painting a small depiction of an airplane. She was painting a very small photorealistic scene from a phone image. I could not believe how detailed she was able to make it! She let me watch over he shoulder as she worked. I was so impressed that I commisisoned a similar painting of my sonex. Id like to share that painting with you all. Her name is Rhonda DeGarmo. She has a lot of other work. If you're interested in getting in touch with her please reach out to me and I will pass along her information.

Build Update April 5 2018: Dissasembling the Aerovee

The engine I bought was already built, and had not been run. My dad and I planned to take it all apart to give me a better understanding of the engine, as well as to identify any problems before they got bad. The Arovee engine was heavy and awkward to move. at the time it was sitting on the workbench with everything installed. Going into this I had only enough sense to tell you which cylinder is the #1, 2, 3, and 4, and I knew some of the terminology, such as crackshaft. I frequently asked my dad "what do you call that part?"  we began unbolting stuff in roughly reverse order from the manual (if you're familiar with sonex plans, you're used to backwards) In under an hour we had stripped many of the external parts off and the engine had lost at least 20 pounds! A box was designated as the hardware box, so it'll be like legos trying to find the right bolts and nuts again when I reassemble it. the important part is that they're all together and no

Build Update November 9 2020: A Retrospective