Skip to main content

QaQ Ha', 'etlhmey jInmol: My vison realised

Yesterday I was presented with a birthday surprise.  I was at the sushi restaurant waiting for the skilled chefs to finish creating the heap of sushi we were to eat. My family and I were thinking hard about what we could possibly do for fun without phones. Suddenly Dad passed me his phone, open to an email, as I read it for the first time, a smile spread across my face. A member of the Sonex community had chosen to sell his Sonex kit, and offered it to me for a price within my budget.  All of my work had paid off, I was on the road to make my vision reality! I had long dreamed about it, but now it was happening.




The current plan is to make the long drive to the kit in April. Before we leave, I will need to clear out a workshop in the garage. Once we make it to the kit location, we will need to carefully load up the parts, taking care to wrap the finished ones in plenty of blankets.

I am truly thankful and abundantly appreciative of everyone who has helped me on my dream so far:



Paul Shadwick
Stan Whitfield
Ron Sipple
Ralph and Joyce Shultz
Paul and Beth Duff
Paul Hockin
Nicholette Shultz
Gordon Fern
Anon Anon
Jeannette Shultz
Mike David
Jonathan and Julia Wolfe
Jon Palmstrom
Laurie Burns
Donna Mickel
Dana Baker
Mrs Nadine
Eric Johnson
Tammy Reap Hayes
Jeff Shultz
Brandon Lenart
WP Maesh
Michael Couillard
Mr Anonymous
Joe And Judy Green
Mrs Brenda
Mrs Cathy
Paul and Vickie Laberge
Judy and Roger Kemmerle






Popular posts from this blog

Plane Painted

When I flew my plane to OSH23, I saw an artist painting a small depiction of an airplane. She was painting a very small photorealistic scene from a phone image. I could not believe how detailed she was able to make it! She let me watch over he shoulder as she worked. I was so impressed that I commisisoned a similar painting of my sonex. Id like to share that painting with you all. Her name is Rhonda DeGarmo. She has a lot of other work. If you're interested in getting in touch with her please reach out to me and I will pass along her information.

Build Update April 5 2018: Dissasembling the Aerovee

The engine I bought was already built, and had not been run. My dad and I planned to take it all apart to give me a better understanding of the engine, as well as to identify any problems before they got bad. The Arovee engine was heavy and awkward to move. at the time it was sitting on the workbench with everything installed. Going into this I had only enough sense to tell you which cylinder is the #1, 2, 3, and 4, and I knew some of the terminology, such as crackshaft. I frequently asked my dad "what do you call that part?"  we began unbolting stuff in roughly reverse order from the manual (if you're familiar with sonex plans, you're used to backwards) In under an hour we had stripped many of the external parts off and the engine had lost at least 20 pounds! A box was designated as the hardware box, so it'll be like legos trying to find the right bolts and nuts again when I reassemble it. the important part is that they're all together and no

Build Update November 9 2020: A Retrospective